Thursday, November 19, 2009

Aung San Suu Kyi’s letter to Than Shwe

0 comments
 
by Mizzima News
Wednesday, 18 November 2009 11:26


To:

Senior Gen. Than Shwe

Chairman State Peace and Development Council

Dated: 11 November 2009

Subject: Follow-up letter for lifting sanctions

1. I am very much obliged to express my grateful thanks to the State Peace and Development Council for providing arrangements making possible a meeting between political organizations and US diplomats, led by Assistant Secretary of State Mr. Kurt Campbell, during their recent visit to Burma.

2. Similarly I would like to express my grateful thanks, following my letter stipulating my desire to cooperate with the State Peace and Development Council on the lifting of sanctions, for providing me with proper arrangements pertaining to my fact finding on sanctions imposed on Burma.

3. I hope I can cooperate with the State Peace and Development Council in activities that can benefit the State.

4. I want to invite all National League for Democracy Central Executive Committee members to my home to discuss greater efficiency in our party activities. I would further like to pay homage to senior party leaders, Chairman U Aung Shwe, Secretary U Lwin and CEC member U Lun Tin, at their respective homes as they are confined to their homes due to failing health. As such, I would like to ask permission for the necessary arrangements to be made for allowing the convening of a CEC meeting at my home to be attended by all CEC members.

5. After meeting with all CEC members, I would like to say that I want to cooperate more with the State Peace and Development Council in activities beneficial to the State.

6. For these activities that can benefit the State, and relating to areas in which I can cooperate with the State Peace and Development Council, I humbly request permission for myself to meet with the Senior General.


Yours respectfully,

Aung San Suu Kyi

Leave a Reply